After considering and thoroughly evaluating the currently available informations and the many communications that we have received, it has been decided that it is in the best interest of the entire Lymphological community and the patients we serve to convert the in-person course in Brussels into a virtual event.
Stay tuned and spread the news!
The program has been modified (see further) and participation in one or more half-days courses is possible
The program has been modified (see further) and participation in one or more half-days courses is possible.
In a context in which the quality requirement in health care is becoming more and more prevalent (with, for instance, a requirement for a minimum number of patients treated for recognition in certain areas, “health care providers quality law” approved and to enter in Belgium into practice in 2021, …), it therefore seems justified if not necessary to introduce training-teaching the different imagings of the lymphatic system (Lymphoscintigraphies, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance lymphangiographies, Lympho-Fluoroscopies and others) used in the management of (lymh)edemas (and other benign lymphatic pathologies), not only theoretical but also and above all practical (diagnoses integrated in the clinic and with well understood therapeutic purposes) with expert guidance, ultimately leading to the creation of network (national and European) of exchanges of experience which also advances the body of knowledge of these lymphatic pathologies.
Training will include:
– A contextualization of these imagings to the useful anatomical and physio-pathological data of the lymphatic system, to the clinical data of the benign pathologies for which they are prescribed, to the expectations and uses of the prescribers,
– Development of methodologies in application,
– Making recommendations on their achievements (from tracers to reports),
– During two days, the presentation of cases-series of these imagings in their clinical context with their therapeutic implications,
– Meeting of European and international experts on these topics,
– The “live” case discussion with various Belgian practitioners,
– Participation in the annual scientific meeting of the BeSL, an opportunity to meet the actors of the “land-region”.
With delivery of Certificate of Basic and Practical Competences in Lymphatic Imaging
The validation by the ULB Faculty of Medicine is pending.
The certificate of “Basic” Competences in Lymphatic Imagings will be issued by the BeSL and ESL at the 28/11/2020 (at the end of the 1rst course that is organized from the 23rd to the 28th of November 2020).
After this course, the « students »s will be invited to participate at regular intervals (depending on their availability and those of the experts) at video-conferences (min one every 2 months) led by the organizers and during which they will report their respective clinical experiences, the results of their implementation of what they have learned, discuss their problematic cases,…
The certificate of “Practical” Competences in Lymphatic Imagings will be issued during the ESL(/ISL) meeting in Athens (21-24/09/2021) after the report of the participants’ “on site” practices, their evaluation and their presentation of one personal work and after one last exam.
1) Doctors specializing in imagery (“nuclearists” and radiologists) facing these examinations as part of their specialty 2) Physicians and surgeons users of these images
3) General doctors and specialists (angeologists, phlebologists, cardio-vascular doctors, oncologists, …) prescribers of these imageries
People who wish to register for this course are invited to send to (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- a short CV with (important) the description of their activities,
- a letter of intent,
- a short letter explaining their interest regarding Lymphology (and the investigations of lymphatic pathologies) and (important) their expectations for this course.
Registration fee “Full Course” “per half-day course” *
Recognized full time practitioner: 1500 Euros 200 Euros
Trainee: 950 Euros 100 Euros
Registration fees (“full course”) include the five days of basic training, subsequent contacts and free access to the annual scientific meeting of the Belgian Society of Lymphology on Saturday, November 28, 2020 (see attached preliminary program) and of the European Society of Lymphology (from the 25thto the 27thof March 2021).
- Participation in one or more half-days courses is possible but does not result in obtaining the certificate of basic competence in Lymphatic Imagings.
Certificate of “Basic” Competences in Lymphatic Imagings
Anatomy, micro-anatomy, physiology and patho-physiology of the lymphatic system in edemas (and other lymphatic pathologies) (Pr Bourgeois)
Radiocolloids and other radio-labelled alternatives (Pr Bourgeois)
ICG and other fluorescent tracers (Pr Bourgeois)
Other applications of ICG? (Dr Digonnet, Pr Liberale, Dr Roman…)
Tracers for Radiologic and Resonance Imagings (Pr Ning Fei-Liu)
The clinicians’ approaches of the Lymphedemas (and other lymphatic pathologies) (Pr Bourgeois)
The Surgeons’ approaches of the Lymphedemas (and other lymphatic pathologies),(Pr Zeltzer)
The physiotherapists’ approaches of the Lymphedemas (and other lymphatic pathologies) (Pr Leduc)
Radio-colloids methodologies (Pr Bourgeois)
NIRFI methodologies (Pr Bourgeois)
MRI methodologies (Pr Ning Fei Liu)
Other imaging methods ?
- Ultra-Sounds? And Multi-Spectral-Optical imaging and tomography??
- X-ray Lymphangiography and CT (Pr Bourgeois and ?)
- Miscellaneous (PET? Vital dyes?…)
General discussion around the use of these approaches
Presentations of the diagnostic (morphologic and/or functional) criteria for each imaging modality and of their “(pearls and) pitfalls” (Pr Bourgeois and Ning Fei Liu)
Clinical cases series with the use of lymphocintigraphy and/or lymphofluoroscopy and/or LymphoMRI with discussion with physiotherapist(s) and surgeon(s) (Prs Bourgeois and Ning Fei Liu and Zeltzer…)
Clinical cases series with the use of lymphocintigraphy and/or lymphofluoroscopy and/or LymphoMRI with discussion with physiotherapist(s) and surgeon(s) (Prs Bourgeois and Ning Fei Liu and Zeltzer..)
AM: general discussion with surgeon(s) and physiotherapist(s) around “free” case reports
BeSL meeting with delivery of the certificate of “basic” competences
PM session around one TNM for the edemas